NeoFusion has been actively engaging social justice in class room education. Jaipur institute grew from 25 students to 80 students. Adolescents who joined our program as school dropouts are now getting formal education in schools. Gurgaon team has been able to convince the kids begging outside the temples to join foundation’s program. Under main project “Sapne Huye Apne”, team NeoFusion identifies and accesses the interest areas of the students. Foundation organizes many activities for them to excel and do wonders by the virtue of their inherent talent so that they can live a successful life with dignity.
- Child Education
- Stop School Dropouts
- Re-entry program for school dropouts
- “Neo Fusion inter school art competition”
- Child and Parents Counseling and Financial Support
- Promote Gender Equality
- Free Summer Camp- Nanhe Pankh Unchi Udan
- Awareness Program for Girls:
NeoFusion recognizes that the barriers to girls’ education can only be removed through action. This holistic program focuses on providing life skills in following key areas:
- Providing ﬁnancial assistance as needed, which could include cover the costs associated with school fees, uniforms, books, stationery or medical insurance, to ensure girls stay in secondary school longer.
- Enhancing the self-awareness, decision-making power, and problem solving skills of girls.
- Increasing family, peer and community awareness and support for girl’s education.
- Awareness Program through Theatre
NeoFusion spread awareness through different mediums such as dance, drama and street plays team.
- WOMEN EMPOWERMENT- Nari : Na Daroongi, Na Harongi
A dance drama expressed the outcome of women empowerment. This project conveyed the message that women need to “ﬁght for their own rights”.
- So far 4 performances have been done in Jaipur, Delhi and Gurgaon and these performances were attended by approx. 1600 hundred people.B) Girl’s Education – Save the Girl & Give Education
This project involves conducting street plays in the public spaces in Jaipur (Rajasthan) to support ‘Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao’ program which was initiated by the state government. It helps to spread the awareness about the prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination, ensuring survival & protection of the girl child and ensuring education and participation of the girl child.
- 5 performances have been done in Jaipur and were attended by over 600 hundred people in Jaipur.
- Community Involvement
The work the Foundation has undertaken cannot be done alone and needs collective community involvement,
- To encourage the community acceptance and participation in student run performing & visual arts projects
- To control the “child labour” & encourage community dialogs for upliftment of the underprivileged communities.
- To raise funds, through grants, aids, donations, subscriptions, sponsorships, presents, gifts and loans or assistance in any other form etc. for the underprivileged communities.
- Foundation recognizes that contributions of time and talent are just as important as ﬁnancial contributions. NeoFusion, thus, encourages people to contribute their time by making a conscious effort in participating in programs to accelerate social and economic change in our country. Volunteers are helping the set of adolescent children in the following areas:-
Vocational Training – Art, Theatre, Music
Academic – Teaching, Preparing teaching learning aids
Community Program – Assist in campaigning on various issues
- Job Opportunities
NeoFusion Foundation encourages social enterprise to give financial sustainability options to the students specializing in different art mediums. In term of products the students are taught to make paper products like carrier bags, twist ties (secure loose items together), envelops, ﬁles, wrapping paper, packaging materials. NeoFusion has a talented professional dance group “NeoFusion Divine Dancers” and professional theatre group “Expressions “has performed at many eminent events.
After the training, NeoFusion helps in showcasing their talent to the public by organizing or participating in many events many talents get acknowledgment and recognition through this project.
- Health, Hygiene & Nutrition:
Good nutrition and health is critical during adolescent age to ensure healthy growth. Every 6 months NeoFusion organizes health checkup camps to keep track of its student’s health and nutrition to support “Sabala and Saksham” program initiated by the central government.
Foundation facilitators use a participatory approach in lessons, soliciting interactive participation from the students. The main activity is presenting relevant information, and this is supported by activities such as storytelling, group discussions, drawing, writing a play and enactments (street plays).
- Lifestyle management: personal care and hygiene,
- Menstrual hygiene
- Healthy Diet Plan
NeoFusion team starts lessons with relatively neutral subjects like importance of washing hands and gradually takes up tabooed subjects like Menstrual Cycle, HIV/AIDS when a trust and relationship between the trainer and students is developed. Along with this, foundation also takes care of student’s regular health checkups.
- Awareness through Play
NeoFusion conducted workshops to support Prime Minister’s, “Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan” to educate students about basic hygiene and sanitation.
Street plays were conducted in public spaces in Gurgaon (Haryana) & Jaipur (Rajasthan) to spread the awareness about the importance of clean India, healthy India.
- 135 NeoFusion Students took an oath that they will not spit on the public places and will use dustbins for throwing garbage.
- Waste Paper Management:
NeoFusion is in the planning phase of setting up a Recycling Unit. Research work has already started. Foundation plane is to set up collections camps for office and home waste where team will approach the societies and companies for the collection of the waste paper and clothes for recycling. Foundation’s aim is to encourage and initiate students to develop a sense of responsibility towards the eco system and be part of the solution action.
- ECO FRIENDLY PRODUCTS
As the ﬁrst step towards achieving foundation goal of providing students with professional training, foundation has initiated a project called AKSHAR and AMOOLYA SRIJAN. This product range is designed and created by institution’s senior students that fall under the category of ‘Saksham group’. This is a useful range of eco friendly handmade stationary items with Hindi alphabets customized to customer choice. These products have gained huge appreciation within and outside India.
- Vocational Training and Skill Development:
With NeoFusion mission to make studies interesting foundation provides training in various vocational subjects like Art, Craft, Painting, Theatre, Music (Dance, Singing and Instrumental), Computer Courses, Writing Skills, Theatre Props Designing, Graphics Designing and all the related subjects which can empower students to become future professionals, who can either start their own SMEs (Small to Medium Enterprise) or become individual earners.
- Overall Personality Development:
This NeoFusion project aims at moulding tomorrow’s youth with creative talents by developing their overall personality. There are psychological, physical, educational and emotional justiﬁcations to stress the relevance of selecting 11 to 18 years as the basic unit. The reasons include the following factors such as “age, compulsion, attitude, and behavior”. Foundation selected this age group as beneﬁciaries because:
- Students can be easily inducted and the foundation can prompt them to develop and channelize their skills with proper care, guidance and counseling.
- The project evolves to promote the creative skills and development.
- The students engineer their talents in a productive and innovative manner which gives them a sense of responsibility in education and their role in nation building.
- Foundation provides continuous counseling on different life threatening addictions
- The foundation also boosts their conﬁdence with English speaking classes, theatre classes, recognizing birthdays so that they can feel special, secure and part of the family.
- Promoting and Integrating Indian Art forms:
- Painting (Tribal Art forms like Bheel, Warli & Mandana and Miniature Painting )
- Dance (Mayurbhanj Chhau Dance Style infusing Contemporary form)
- Theatre (Absolute Theatre – Parsi and Streets Plays)